Senior Solutions EngineerBoston, MA, San Francisco, CA, Open to Remote
About the Position
Are you excited to work on a critical upgrade to the security layer for our connected world? Are you passionate about helping organizations stop breaches using a platform that fundamentally addresses the root causes of ransomware and malware? If so, Gradient is looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer with strong security expertise and communications skills. You should be able to describe how current security solutions are designed and deployed, and why they are failing. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple engagements.
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor to a world-class, highly scalable, distributed, low-latency platform that delivers best-in-class security services.
- Experienced in endpoint or network security space
- Strong understanding of Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems
- Can easily articulate complex security problems to a diverse set of audience
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Can work collaboratively with sales, marketing, support, and engineering; the Senior Solutions Engineer should be the technical bridge between Gradient and prospects/customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including C-level executives
- Experience with malware, threat intelligence, and/or sandbox analysis
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash
- Experience with large scale cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain our company's products or services to customers
- Discussing equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Helping customers who have problems with installed products and recommending improved or upgraded materials and machinery
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to upper management
Gradient TechnologiesTM is a Boston-based, venture-backed technology company securing the future of every connected device.
Gradient continually verifies the trustworthiness of every connected system -- securing endpoints, IoT, cloud workloads, users, and data -- to protect against today's advanced adversaries and increasingly sophisticated attacks. Gradient is committed to getting security right, without sacrificing privacy. We have developed a truly full-stack approach to security: from secure software architecture and fault tolerant distributed systems to firmware and OS modules, state-of-the-art anonymous cryptographic signatures -- all the way to state of the art secure enclave processor hardware architecture. Our technology stack is the culmination of decades of secure architecture, systems, and cryptography research at MIT, Brown, Berkeley, and elsewhere.
Advised by industry leaders from healthcare to finance, our founding team comprises world-leading experts in cryptography and secure hardware. We believe in taking a first principles approach to problem solving — and share a common desire to build impactful technology for the betterment of society. In previous lives, Gradient team members have built human brain-machine interfaces, the Macbook Air, satellite constellations, and mission critical hardware and software. (We’ve also been known to, for example, hack the office espresso machine — sometimes open loop temperature control just don’t cut it.)
We have a lot to build! If you are a talented, productive, and curious engineer excited by a startup environment and comfortable tackling lightly scoped problems with others of your caliber, then at Gradient you will have the opportunity to help build and shape the technologies that bring much-needed reform to the field of secure systems.
Gradient is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.